The St Ursula’s Representative Council (STURC)
The St Ursula’s Representative Council (STURC) was established in 2020 to provide an opportunity for our parent partners to engage with the college about learning and wellbeing as well as to involve them in the wider life of the college.
A strong and diverse parent voice is essential in shaping, participating in and benefiting from the college’s continued growth and success
STURC increases parent partner opportunities for involvement across a broader range of college life by specifically targeting each year group to have representation and to have a parent voice in local policymaking and procedure development, in building college community spirit and advocacy for the college.
STURC runs concurrently with the existing Parent & Friends Association (P&F):
- President: Peter Smith
- Secretary: Mallissa Vourakis
- Treasurer: Maria De Pasion-Tangaroa
Meetings are held once per term in Week 4 with the possibility of individual year groups meeting again especially when coordinating or discussing specific year group agenda.
Year Group Activities
- Year 7: Staff Morning tea in December
- Year 8: Mother’s Day Movie Night
- Year 7 and 8: Dance (To be confirmed)
- Year 9: Father’s Day event
- Year 10: Bunnings BBQ Fundraiser
- Year 11: Year 7 Orientation
- Year 12: Big Sister Movie night in February
- Year 7 to 12: Hosting debating – set up and clean up
- Year 7 to 12: Easter raffle for Project compassion – unless students organise.
Year Group Representatives
- Year 7: Denise Mahfouz; Carol Nemme
- Year 8: Chris Morris; Magdalena Oszywa; Sonia Dellacorte
- Year 9: Margaret Lokmer; Yan Wang
- Year 10: Peter Smith; Roxana Felix
- Year 11: Emma Williams; Vivien Raptis
- Year 12: Richard Morton; Jodie Mok; Mallissa Vourakis
We value your contribution
The Council is always open to new ideas and suggestions. Please send your enquiries or ideas and suggestions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also phone the College on 02 9502 3300 to make an appointment with the Principal to further discuss.